Monday 30 June 2014

Microchip blog

Did you know June was national microchip month. As a greyhound I'm chipped and have an additional identification as my ears are tattooed. In many parts of Europe they just use tattoos. As I'm Irish both both of my ears are tattooed whereas British greyhounds only have 1 ear tattooed.
Anyway enough about tattoos microchipping is very important so that if you dog runs off, jumps the garden fence or is stolen the chip can be read and the owner can be contacted. Look as the video below and see how excited dogs get when hoomans come home.

Being chipped is great but are your hoomans details up to date. Have you changed mobile or home number due to pesky cold callers or moved house. If so you details need updating.

I have petlog premium and when I go to Grandad's in Kent for the weekend Hoodad tells petlog via the computer that I'm there. He's also saved the address for other holipop places that we visit.

Please fur friends either get your pets chipped and check your details.

Note: As of 2016 it will be compulsory for all dogs to be microchipped and your contact details up to date.

No comments:

Post a Comment